Master Gardener Volunteers Making A Difference
Working with their local N.C. Cooperative Extension county agent, Master Gardener volunteers empower residents to cultivate healthy gardens, landscapes, and ecosystems through safe, effective and sustainable gardening practices.
- Enhance local food security through sustainable home vegetable gardening
- Beautify yards and neighborhoods while protecting water quality and conserving natural resources
- Create habitat for pollinators, birds and wildlife
- Connect children and families with nature
- Cultivate environmental stewardship
- Promote health and well-being through gardening, better nutrition and increased physical activity
Learn how Master Gardener volunteers are making a difference across North Carolina. Download our annual report:
The Extension Master Gardener Program operates in 84 of N.C. Cooperative Extension’s 101 county centers. Contact your local N.C. Cooperative Extension county center to connect with Extension Master Gardener volunteers in your community.