Search for Excellence
Accepting Applications Through July 1st
Celebrate success, recognize the efforts of your teammates and build support for your county Extension Master Gardener program – Submit your Master Gardener volunteer project for Search for Excellence! Applications for Master Gardener volunteer (MGV) team projects undertaken in calendar years 2018-2019 will be accepted through July 1, 2020.
- Search for Excellence is open to all active NC MGVs.
- A $200 award is given to each team whose project is selected to receive a Search for Excellence award. Awards are funded by the NCEMG Endowment.
- Not sure what qualifies as a Search for Excellence project? Read about our 2019 winners.
- Watch the 2019 SFE Celebration on YouTube.
- Recipients will be announced by August 20, 2020
Download Application Packet:
- 2020 SFE Guidelines, Google Doc, Word File or PDF
- 2020 SFE Application, Google Doc, Word File or PDF
- 2020 Press Release Template, Google Doc, Word File or PDF
- 2020 Agent Letter Template, Google Doc, Word File or PDF
- Not sure which Extension District your county is located in? Find it here.
Additional resources are available on the NC EMG Intranet, Statewide site, under Business Admin, related page Search for Excellence, OR simply enter Search for Excellence in the search bar!
Search for Excellence is the recognition program of Master Gardener volunteer work throughout North Carolina. The awards program recognizes outstanding educational, group projects that result in significant learning by the public or MGVs in these seven categories:
- Youth Programs
- Demonstration Garden
- Workshop or Presentation
- Community Service
- Innovative Projects
- Special Need Audiences (Senior, Disabled, Therapeutic, etc.)
- Research (applied scientific methodology)
Contact David Higginbotham, 2020 SFE Chair, email@example.com.