EMG Program 2019 Annual Report
In 2019, 3,315 Master Gardener℠ volunteers:
- Directly reached 370,338 North Carolinians;
- Volunteered 229,687 hours, equivalent to 110 full-time positions;
- Provided volunteer service time valued at $7.3M;
- Helped recruit and train 492 new volunteers;
- Attended 57,532 hours of training.
Download the 2019 Annual Report.
Master Gardener℠ volunteers support the mission of North Carolina Cooperative Extension by educating residents about safe, effective and sustainable gardening practices that grow healthy people, gardens, landscapes, and communities. Their vision is a healthier world through environmental stewardship.
Working with their local N.C. Cooperative Extension agent, Master Gardener volunteer projects and programs seek to:
- Share research-based gardening information that inspires residents
to cultivate healthy gardens and landscapes while conserving
natural resources and wildlife habitat;
- Promote health, well-being and food security through gardening,
better nutrition and increased physical activity;
- Connect children, families and communities with nature to grow a
more sustainable future.
The NC State Extension Master Gardener program operates in 84 of N.C. Cooperative Extension’s 101 local centers. To learn more about the Extension Master Gardener℠ program in your community, contact your local N.C. Cooperative Extension Center.